Interestingly, over 70% of our citizens agree:
- People move into this area because of the reputation of the Bedford Central School District
- The quality of our public schools is the most important factor protecting property values
- We get excellent value in education for the taxes we pay to the Bedford Central School District
- We need to keep our school buildings up-to-date and in good condition to protect our community’s investment in those facilities
- We need to take whatever steps are necessary to renovate our school buildings to accommodate up-to-date teaching, curriculum, and instructional technology
- When it comes to building improvement plans, it is important to include green design features for energy efficiency and sustainability
- School building design features should be taken advantage of as an opportunity for students to learn about energy efficiency and sustainability.
The BCSD Capital Planning Committee, Budget Advisory, Sustainability and other Citizens Advisory Committees are meeting frequently to 'scrub' the proposed capital plan to categorize items and prioritize their recommendations.
What's next before the turn of the New Year?
The community is Invited to Attend or Watch the upcoming informative Board of Education Meeting on Wednesday, 12/19 7pm Fox Lane Middle School Little Theater.
BCSD Citizens Advisory Committees will present line item details, categorizations and prioritization of their Capital Plan Recommendations
The Community is Encouraged to attend the Board of Education meeting (and future meetings) to be fully informed and part of the process.
Meetings can also be watched:
- ONLINE @ BCSD-TV: https://sites.google.com/a/student.bcsdny.org/bcsd-tv/home/bcsd-tv-video
- Verizon Channel 1982
- Cablevision Channel 18
Presentations, survey results, etc... will continue to be posted on BCSDNY.org.