In Westchester, Veteran's Day was celebrated on Sunday, Nov. 11 with an array of events that honored the service of all U.S. military veterans.
Today many business and government offices are closed as well. Here's a run down of what's open and closed and happening:
What's Open / Happening
- The Katonah Village Library: In addtion to the library being open, several events are happening including baby lap time, stories and crafts, a beaded jewelry workshop and a sci-fi bookgroup. Check the library's schedule for details.
- The Bedford Free Library is open and a school scrabble meeting is happening. Call for details.
- The Lewisboro Library is open and hosting events, including a photo bookmark workshop.
- Most grocers are Monday. The A&P supermarkets in and in Bedford , and Mrs. Green's in Katonah will be open for regular hours.
- Liquor and wine shops are open, some restaurants have shorter hours. Call ahead before heading out. Check our Patch directory for contact information.
- Gas stations are open.
- The Katonah Museum of Art is open, and hosting "School's Out, Art's In" in addition to exhibit tours of "Ice Age to the Digital Age."
- The town of Bedford offices are closed.
- All U.S. Post offices and state government offices are closed.
- The Bedford Hills Free Library is closed.
- Local schools are closed.
- Rye Playland, which typically holds a holiday ice skate, is closed due to hurricane Sandy damage.
- The Westchester County Veterans Museum at Lasdon Park in Somers is closed due to hurricane damage.