Come to Times Square for a great day of music and entertainment for a great cause. Magical Music for Life Foundation will present its second annual TUNES IN TIMES SQUARE benefit concertSunday, May 5, 2013 at 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. on the Broadway Pedestrian Plaza between 46th & 47th Streets in Times Square. Talented children & groups from the tri-state area, members of the Broadway community, and the Magical Music singing groups will take turns on the stage all day. The goal of the concert is to raise awareness and funds for the production of free, downloadable original songs written especially for children with autism & special needs and to continue the outreach efforts of Magical Music to use music to better the lives of all children.
Last year’s TUNES IN TIMES SQUARE audience numbered in the thousands and the funds raised enabled Magical Music to create their first album, “A Day in the Life of a Child,” as a collection of free downloadable original songs written especially for children with special needs. Their goal is to provide children of all abilities with music that engages and transforms the way they understand themselves, others, and the world around them. This year’s TUNES IN TIMES SQUARE proceeds will be used to produce more original songs to be available at no charge to serve the specific needs of therapists, parents, and children and as an accessible resource for people everywhere.
Highlights of the Day include:
- 10:00 Opening
- 11:00 Broadway performers (adult & child actors) * ; Broadway Workshop from NY (at 11:03) & Greenwich Academy from CT (at 11:35)
- 12:00 Broadway performers (adult & child actors) *
- 12:55 Kids from Disney’s Broadway production of Mary Poppins will perform and teach the audience the choreography of “Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” ; Lighthouse Youth Theatre from NY (at 1:33)
- 2:00 Special Dance performance by New Canaan Dance Academy with members of the cast from FELA!
- 3:00 A special debut family concert of songs from our first album for children with special needs, “A Day in the Life of a Child,” which has fun music for ALL children ; The Studio Performing Arts from New Canaan (at 4:29)
- 5:30 Broadway performers (adult & child actors) *
- All Day Performances by the Magical Music Singers
- All Day Performances by many talented children and groups from the tri-state area
- All Day Auction of tickets for Broadway and other NYC shows and events, backstage tours, autographed items, etc.
- All Day Raffle prizes
* Some of the Broadway performers include: Jared Bradshaw (Jersey Boys), Aiden Gemme (Mary Poppins), Brianna Gentilella (How the Grinch Stole Christmas), Kenney M. Green (Finks), Alison Horowitz (Sunday in the Park with George & Mary Poppins), Anthony Scarpone-Lambert (The Miracle Worker & Mary Poppins), Corey Mach (Hands on a Hardbody & Godspell), Caleb McLaughlin (Lion King), Jenny Mollet (The Color Purple), James Moye (Million Dollar Quartet), Jed Resnik (Avenue Q), Sadie Seelert (Mary Poppins), Alysha Umphress (Bring It On:The Musical & On a Clear Day You Can See Forever), J. L. Williams (FELA!), and Ashton Woerz (Pippin& Priscilla Queen of the Desert).
For more information about Magical Music for Life, to hear their original music, or to make a donation supporting their mission of using music to better the lives of children, go to www.magicalmusic.org. Donations will also be gladly accepted at the event.