Major Community Event: Increase Miller Elementary School Community to Assist Hurricane Sandy Victims
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1
10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 2.
GOLDENS BRIDGE — The annual fall tag sale at Increase Miller Elementary School has always been a highly anticipated community event vitally important to families who need extra help affording much-needed necessities as well as comfort items and little luxuries.
New and very gently used clothing, baby gear, sporting goods, toys, books, CDs and household items donated by Increase Miller families are sold for very little money during the two-day event that draws visitors from a wide area who are searching for bargains and eager to sample delicious bake sale treats.
This year — for the first time — the Increase Miller Parent Teacher Association is expanding its outreach efforts and using using the tag sale as a way to support families most affected by Hurricane Sandy.
Working with Habitat for Humanity, the Increase Miller community is in a position to directly help the families of Breezy Point. This year at the tag sale there will be an option for the community to purchase much-needed items from the sale for direct donation to the Breezy Point area via Habitat for Humanity.
Items for sale include:
· CDs, cassettes, tapes, videocassettes, DVDs
· Books and vintage magazines
· Sporting goods (skates, bicycles, baseball/football/lacrosse/hockey equipment)
· Baby gear (carriages, strollers, swings, cribs, playpens, exersaucers, etc.)
· Outdoor children’s play equipment (Fisher-Price, Little Tikes)
· Toys, games, puzzles, action figures
· Clothing (includes shoes, boots, purses, backpacks, costume jewelry)
· Knick-knacks, crafts, holiday decorations, baskets, curtains, linens and kitchen items
· Artwork, picture frames, mirrors
· Furniture (including bookshelves, chairs and bed frames)