Amateur and professional cooks have been invited to participate in a pasta recipe contest being conducted by Anna Maria Santorelli, chef/owner of Anna Maria's Restaurant in Larchmont. The deadline for submissions is Jan. 31, 2013.
The prize is a $100 certificate for dining at Anna Maria's; the winning dish will be featured on the restaurant's menu during the month of March.
"Contestants can start with a familiar recipe or develop a new one but need to add a dash of their creative flair or a pinch of their passion," said Santorelli.
Here are the rules:
- The winner will receive a $100 dining certificate.
- By entering, the contestant certifies that his or her recipe is unique.
- The contestant agrees that his or her name and recipe can be used and duplicated on Anna Maria’s dinner menu with no further obligation than stated above.
- Only one recipe per contestant can be entered.
- The following information needs to be provided: recipe, contestant's name, email address, and phone number (photo is optional).
- Contestants must be 18 years of age or older.
- The deadline for submissions is Jan. 31, 2013.
- The winner will be announced on Feb. 15, 2013.
- Optional - Explanation of the meaning of the recipe to the contestant.
- Optional - Description of the contestant's culinary background (if any).
Recipes can be submitted by email to: email@example.com or delivered in person to Anna Maria’s Restaurant, 18 Chatsworth Ave., Larchmont, NY 10538. Santorelli was the chef for three New York City mayors—David Dinkins, Rudolph Giuliani and Michael Bloomberg.
Anna Maria's Restaurant, 18 Chatsworth Ave., Larchmont, NY, 914-833-0555 www.annamariasrestaurant.com