.

New Rochelle Firefighters Handle Back-to-Back House Fires

Firefighters responded to two fires, including one in which two people were transported to Sound Shore Medical Center, this morning in New Rochelle.


The New Rochelle Fire Department responded to two residential fires, including one in which two people were taken to the hospital with burns and smoke inhalation, Monday morning.

The two victims were injured at about 6 a.m. after a candle tipped over in the rear bedroom of a home on 98 Plain Ave. The people injured in the fire, whose names were withheld by fire officials, were taken to Sound Shore Medical Center. Fire officials were unable to provide their medical conditions Monday afternoon.

Two other people managed to escape the apartment without injury.

Firefighters believe the incident was caused after a cat knocked over a candle. The fire was contained to the bedroom.

The second house fire started at about 8:30 a.m. at 7 Windsor Oval. Firefighters said that fire was caused by laundry dryer that malfunctioned.

Three people were able to evacuate the home without injury and the fire was contained the laundry area.

jstfarmn June 28, 2011 at 02:15 AM
My cat has knocked over my candle warmer, but it has a light bulb. Did not burn anything. Stop with the candles people. www.nomorefire.com

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »