Katonah Lewisboro school administrators and staff are preparing for the start of the 2012-13 school year which features an array of changes.
Here's a look at some of those developments that will impact students, staff and the school community this year:
- Transitioning several new staff members, including an , , and
- The extension of the program to include math in addition to ELA in elementary schools and the introduction of RTI into the 6th grade in the middle school
- The start of the implementation of the (over the summer, elementary school grade-level teams developed curriculum plans for math)
- A new way of evaluating teachers: the district has submitted its annual professional performance review plans to the state
- The implementation of the
- Planning for
- Negotiating the in a tax cap environment (in addition to the and administrator contracts)
Stay tuned to Patch for future stories on these, and other school issues.
In the meantime, several improvements are currently underway to ensure buildings are prepared for the first day of school on Tues. Sept. 4. Click through the photo gallery for a snapshot of the facilities work taking place on campus buildings and grounds, to see what's been done or is nearly complete.
For a full schedule of opening week activities, click here.