The following local residents made the Dean's List for Fall 2012 quarter at Rochester Institute of Technology:
- Emily Barresi of Greenwich, a second-year student in RIT's College of Imaging Arts and Sciences.
- Todd Gaulocher of Old Greenwich, a fourth-year student in RIT's E. Philip Saunders College of Business.
- Jeffrey Parker of Cos Cob, a fourth-year student in RIT's College of Imaging Arts and Sciences.
Gettysburg College recognizes students' academic achievement in high school by awarding merit scholarships. The David Wills Scholarship goes to top-ranking applicants based upon their grade-point average, class rank, and SAT or ACT scores.
The following current first-year students were awarded David Wills Scholarships:
- Michelle Jarombek of Riverside
- Timothy Wyle of Cos Cob
The following area students were was recently named to the High Honor Roll for the fall term at Pomfret School with a 3.5 average and no grade below a B-.
Shengkun Liu of Greenwich, a senior.
Edward Smith of Greenwich, a senior.
The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi is pleased to announce that the following local students were recently initiated into Phi Kappa Phi — the nation's oldest and most selective collegiate honor society for all academic disciplines:
- Lane Marmon, Esq. of Cos Cob, who is pursuing a degree in Business Administration at Fordham University.
- Frederick Allardt III of Cos Cob, who is pursuing a degree in International Business at Fordham University.
The following students from Greenwich were named to the Dean's List at the University of New Haven for the fall 2012 semester. Full-time undergraduate students must have a 3.50 or better cumulative GPA for the semester to be eligible for the Dean's List.
- Britina Clarke
- Lawrence Fratello
- Nicholas Lawler
The following area students were recently named to the winter honor roll at the Loomis Chaffee School.
- Alexander Cohen, a freshman from Greenwich, received High Honor Roll
- Michael Sands, a freshman from Greenwich, received High Honor Roll
- Theodora Cohen, a senior from Greenwich, received Honor Roll
- Madeleine Fargis, a freshman from Greenwich, received Honor Roll
- Claire Foran, a sophomore from Old Greenwich, received Honor Roll
- Leslie Massad, a junior from Greenwich, received Honor Roll