It's summer and that means camps and camping, beaches and barbecuing, baseball and swimming, and one of our area's best options is , whose exhibits and animals, cruises and educational programs and IMAX theater draw visitors from the entire region.
Caption the photo of 'Sharky' above (just click where it says "Leave a comment" below this story) and you'll have a chance at winning a family 4-pack to the aquarium, and the grand prize of an annual family membership. A terrific, fun exhibit on now is "Touch a Shark!" — which includes a 6,000-gallon "Touch Tank" filled with sharks, stingrays and skates (more details below).
Here's how the contest works:
- Enter your caption or captions in the comment thread below.
- Patch will take captions through Sunday, July 15, and present a list of finalists in one screen grab on Monday, July 16.
- Winners will be selected with the help of Patch users. You will vote on your favorite caption through the "comments" section on this story (Example: I think No. 1 of 50 is the best).
More details about the contest are attached.
Here's some more quick facts about the aquarium's "Touch a Shark!":
- You can touch these sharks because they have teeth under their head, not out front like the 12-foot sand tiger sharks in the Aquarium’s open ocean exhibit.
- See baby sharks even before they’re born as they wriggle in their egg cases.
- Take your picture in a shark cage OR take your picture in front of giant megaladon (mega-la-don) jaws of an ancient shark that makes today’s great whites look like guppies.