1. The annual Katonah 5K Road and Trail Race will take place this Saturday, at 8 a.m. at Katonah Elementary School, and include several local sponsors. A map of the 3.1-mile course shows that it will go through several roads and through Katonah Memorial Park before returning to the school for the finish. There will be two additional levels of races, including a tots' version and a One Miler.
2. The Bedford Fire Department announced it is holding its annual Fire on the Green, a celebration that includes carnival games, music and fire safety demonstrations. It will run on Saturday from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. in downtown Bedford Village.
3. The Katonah Village Improvement Society (KVIS) announced it is holding "Drinks, Desserts, and Django Jazz" on Saturday. It will feature a live music performance from Bandjango, starting at 7:30 p.m. at the Katonah Village Library. People who go and make a $10 donation will also gain access to a performance of William Luce's "The Last Flapper," which will run on Sept. 20 and Sept. 21.
4. The Bedford Riding Lanes Association (BRLA) announced that it is holding its Pace & Barbecue on Sunday, which will start at 7:30 a.m. at the John Jay Homestead in Katonah. Folks can attend whether or not they are riders or BRLA members.
5. Westmoreland Sanctuary announced it is holding "Critter Day" this Sunday at 2 p.m. It includes meet and touch the sanctuary's resident animals, including Buster the rabbit and Bert the corn snake.