Antioch Baptist Church

Flag as Inappropriate

<p><b>About: </b>The Antioch Baptist Church traces its origins back more than a century.</p>
<p>It was registered as a religious institution in 1887, when a modest gathering of African-American families residing in and around Bedford Center got together for worship. But it wasn't until a few years later, in 1894, that the church building was built with the support and help of neighbors.</p> <p>It was erected at a site near the junction of Bedford Center and Harris Road in Bedford, on donated property. With the help of a $500 donation in 1918, the church moved to a spot near the train station on Bedford Road, Bedford Hills.</p> <p>In 1928, it relocated to the corner of Railroad Avenue and School Street. The church moved for the third time, in 1976, to its current home at the corner of Church and Main streets.</p> <p>The Antioch Baptist Church has over a dozen ministries: Arts Ministry, Church School, Deaconate Ministry, Health Ministry, Media Ministry, Men's Ministry, Missions Ministry, Music Ministry, Nursery, Scholarship Ministry, Trustee Ministry, Usher Ministry, Women's Ministry and Youth Ministry.</p> <p><b>Pastor:</b> Rev. Dr. Paul S.Briggs</p> <p><b>Service Schedule: </b>The congregation meets every Sunday for regular worship at 10:45am. Church School starts earlier, at 9am. Bible study takes place on Wednesdays at noon, and there is an evening prayer service at 7pm. </p>
3 Church St, Bedford Hills, NY 10507
(914) 241-0189
  • Fax: 914-241-6983
  • Hours: By Appointment
Share a review or post about this business.
Posts awaiting your approval 0
Who wants to be the first to post?
See more »